Sunday, October 15, 2006

I am not on BBC

This is going to sound strange to most people. So I must first explain that I have been receiving emails intended for her.

Careful/interested readers of this blog may now skip to the next post :) This note is intended for the people googlewhacking the BBC presenter's name, finding this blog and writing to me.

I realize that if you're a huge fan, even the remote possibility that I may be your idol is a stone that must not be left unturned. Therefore, let me first assure you that I am not the person on BBC you've been drooling over. You're welcome to read my blog and comment, but messages sent to me will not miraculously find their way to the woman of your dreams.

For the more paranoid/suspicious among you, a simple assurance will not be enough. You may want to explore this blog a bit to satisfy yourselves that I am a real person with a life of my own. Knock yourself out. It will turn out that I'm right and you're wrong. My dog bears witness.

If you're still unsatisfied, let me just say:
(1) It's highly improbable that your Nisha Pillai manages to do her BBC gig from San Francisco.
(2) There are over a billion Indians (not counting the ones living abroad). There's a remote possibility that more than two Indian women share the same name, *and* show up when you googlewhack the name.
(3) I'm willing to bet good money that she of BBC fame does not need to worry about dog drool on her keyboard.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! My brother's friend Brian actually has a webpage saying he's not Marilyn Manson :-)

I love the BBC woman. She used to be my favorite back in the day ... I wonder if she's still around, or what.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nisha (Mercer, Tuck, CET, San Francisco....),

If Nisha Pillai (BBC) contacts you...let me know :) More later.....

-thejus...

Nisha Pillai said...

@Ravi

I've no idea if she's still doing her gig. I assume so, since I haven't heard otherwise. Pretty good, isn't she? And pretty, which is driving my problem :)

@Thejus

Hmm. I'll think about it :)

Anonymous said...

People...

Do NOT believe her... she's THE Nisha pillai...

>:)

Deepak Gopi said...

Hi Nisha;
Nice to meet u.
I came to your blog through orkut.
Happy Divali

Nisha Pillai said...

@Adarsh

Where the heck are you, dude? Did the Seattle rain wash you away already? Lost my phone number? Too busy trying to arrange Manu's tix there? Get in touch sometime.

Anonymous said...

And suppose I drool over you and don't know her of BBC?
Gulikan

Nisha Pillai said...

@Gulikan

In that case:
1. The post wasn't meant for you.
2. I'd offer a Drooler of the Year award, but Mocha's got a lock on that one. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Ah, no wonder the name sounded familiar when we corresponded the last time.
Now I know :)

Unknown said...

hi nisha.......HOW R U.